Nov 25 2009

Let’s dance!

Published by at 10:00 am under general,location

Welcome to the 8th grade!  It is a BMS/PTO tradition to celebrate the end of 8th grade with a dance.  It will be YOUR dance.  How do you imagine your dance?  Where is it going to be?  A restaurant?  A country club?  Knoxville has a little bit of everything, so let’s pick the perfect spot together.

Remember that this celebration is for ALL graduating 8th graders, their teachers and the school administrators.  Let’s pick a place that everyone can enjoy.  In the past, the 8th grade dance has been held at places like Calhouns on the river and Gettysvue Country Club.

8 responses so far

8 Responses to “Let’s dance!”

1. Terri Woodon 30 Nov 2009 at 11:49 am

Calhouns on the river sounds nice!

2. Nicoleon 01 Dec 2009 at 2:37 pm

What about: Rothchilds, the Sunsphere, UT visitor’s center, Club LeConte, or Bearden Central Baptist Church across from Krispy Kreme.

3. karynon 01 Dec 2009 at 3:55 pm

My daughters year we did the UT visitors center and it was way too small. My sons year we had it at Calhouns on the river and it was the perfect size. It also allowed the kids that wanted to to make reservations to eat dinner before hand do so and they can handle large groups. Gettysvue sounded nice too but what about the Square Room in Market Square? Lots of eateries around there (Trio, Soccer Taco, Tomato Head pizza, etc) for the kids to have dinner at prior to the dance. West High did a Winter formal there last year. Just some more suggestions…

4. Deniseon 02 Dec 2009 at 11:56 am

I like Calhoun’s on the River or Club LeConte

5. adminon 02 Dec 2009 at 11:35 pm

I LOVE the Square Room! Stage, sound system, limited exits and lots of places nearby for parents to have their own evening out. (My daughter was in the Calhouns group and she thought it was great.)

6. Noah Con 08 Dec 2009 at 5:43 pm

I like the Calhouns idea.
    My sister said when everyone jump all at once they could feel the floor move. :P

7. Kristi Milleron 28 Jan 2010 at 9:34 am

I think the Square Room sounds great, especially because it is Downtown Knoxville! We need to do more things downtown anyway and it is really a great atmosphere. I think the kids would be excited to have something in the actual City!! Plus they could walk around and eat before if they wanted to.

Calhouns on the River upstairs is also a great choice!! Kristi Miller